About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I'm a Mississippi country girl transplanted to Grapevine, TX. I have been blessed with a great husband, and my kiddos, Aleck and Ella. When I'm not eating bon bons on the couch, I am my kid's room mom, PTA member, Sunday School teacher, taxi driver, amateur photographer and personal chef. When I'm not doing those things, I'm running a small jewelry business, 2nd Amendment Jewelry (www.2ndamendmentjewelry.com), that I started with my twin sister, Glenda. It's a crazy and busy life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Pea Picking

The garden is coming in while I am in Mississippi.  I am in heaven.  I think it has been at least ten years since I have been home to help when the garden comes in.  Jessica has been wonderful to watch the kids while I pick.  Since Dad’s knee is bothering him, he hasn’t been able to weed like he usually does and the garden is full of weeds, but that hasn’t affected the yield.  The peas vines are loaded!  We picked a couple of bushels today and will probably have at least that tomorrow afternoon.  We are going to sit in front of the television and watch Harry Potter tonight while we shell peas. 

This visit has brought back such wonderful memories of my childhood.  I have this great desire to have a home in the country so my kids can experience all the wonderful things that I did growing up.  Until that happens, I am so thankful that we can go home to Mississippi.IMAG0216IMAG0213IMAG0214IMAG0219IMAG0221

Glenda and Dad in the pea field.

DSC_6311

1 comment:

Dede said...

Not sure I would be a great country girl. That doesn't look fun to me but I guess the reward is worth it.